martes, agosto 08, 2006

Albergue en Sahagun. Lodging in Sahagun


Reasons for not to walk St James Way: I am too old, I'm not fit, don't like to do it alone, I've no money, my little son/daughter, my dog will be alone, I need 30 days free, ......
It is easy to find any excuse when you are not really decided to walk. But along the Way you see people that is over those "problems". Elderly people (84) walking the way, disabled walkers or bikers (Thiery, 1750 kms from Belgium on 19th), 25 bikers in a Mallorca group, Carlos (woodcarver in exchangeof lodging), Bolonian couple with their son on the nest-bike, Fenas (dog pilgrm), stagers....
I want to call your attention on this beautiful picture of an italian couple with their little son.
The photo speaks itself. This is a triumph of the will over the handicaps. There are more pictures of people who deserve a page to comment. I admire them all. They look so charming...
Like Fenás, the Valencian dog-walker that enjoys walking the Way, more that its owner. So many reasons to Walk... just find your own one and forget the excuses.

On the other hand... we are ready to make the moulder of the new RELEASE SHELL (the term is mine) for the pilgrims to wash their feet on it. I have tried to make it artistic as well as useful. I hope them enjoy not only the shape but their usefulness.

I will remark the enless little details that an enterprise like this has to fulfill everyday. The last worry has to do with the outer water close release pipes. It is a trouble that belongs to the Town Hall. It is something neglegted for one year and a half. Not all the problems can be solved by one's will and means. Nevertheless, we ensure the comfort and welfare of our visitors at any risk. That is paramount for us.