lunes, septiembre 25, 2006

Singular Feminine /Femenino singular


There are special pilgrims everyday. The most special for me are those women coming alone with no fears. I've met a lot of them during these two months. I can remember a lot of them. I really admire them all. Centuries ago they could have never done the Camino. They could have been raped, kidnapped or... who knows. Nowadays they are respected and... admired. The reasons to come are always different: for cultural purposes, for release, for faith, for fun, to accomplish a promise, to fulfill a personal project or just to think about a personal problem or decision. It doesnt matter the reason. They are my heroins. I never seen a crazy woman trying to achieve a mark in speed or resistance. They walk tranquil, patiently. They are not runners. They are a different kind of pilgrim, different from men. This week I want to mention four women. Cristin, Rita, Kiwi and Susana. Lituan, Portuguesse and Taiwanesse. The three girls are admirable. The lituan, Cristin share dinner with Peggy and me. She revealed us her job (a periodist) and told us something about her way. She's blonde, slim, prudent and talkative. She speaks perfect Spanish. We were surprised at her boldness, her strength of mind and her way of life. She weared a camouflage dress and garments and a green rucksack. She told me it was to melt with the landscape. She alone, a periodist of life and the Camino. Incredible woman. My congratulations for her. The next one, Rita, came from Portugal. She is a beautiful red haired woman from Lisbon. So easy going and polite that surprised us all. She danced with other pilgrims a Spanish "sevillana" in our reception. She also speaks perfect Spanish. This woman surprised me because of her good heart and friendship with another pilgrim, the taiwanesse Susana. Rita went to buy something for her and to take care of her friend. My congratulations for her. The third girl, Susana, comes from Ireland but she is Spanish and taiwanesse. This enchanting chinesse (I hope it's allowed to say this term as politically correct), came to our albergue in bad conditions.. slightly bad in her stomach. Nevertheless, in spite of her sickness, she was very talkative and friendly with her companions. They left her alone one rainy day in the albergue and she stayed for one day just resting and sleeping. Her manners are refined, well educated. She manages the art of listening to people. And she looked so sincere... She speaks perfect Spanish, German, English, French and Taiwanesse and understands italian. Se was born in Barcelona. The fourth woman is Kiwi (friendly nickname). She comes from New Zealand (our antipodes). This is another king of free-thinking woman with no prejudices. I surprised because she seemed to be so bold and easy going as to drink a bottle of wine with some other pilgrims in the night and keep cool as a man. This kind of woman can be your companion to any battlefield. I really admire her good humours in spite of her poor Spanish. And she is not upset or angry because she doesn't speaks Spanish. She was so friendly with all the pilgrims as a sister. So long she comes from... My congratulations for her also. I wish I were always staying with this king of she-pilgrims instead of ugly-elderly-complaining-authentic-pilgrims.
My blessings. ¡¡Buen Camino peregrinas!!

But... life is a flow, the Camino is just another river.

La vida es un fluir, el Camino es tan sólo un río más. (C) Cermán Vaquero

Fdo Germán Vaquero